Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Odds n' Bobs!

I'd just like to thank everyone for their recent comments and to those who gave me suggestions as to where to find a prom gown for my daughter, after our fruitless search in London last week.

We did look at a few vintage gowns, but they weren't right for her. In the end we had success in Coast (yippee!) on Monday, when youngest and I went into Bath. They didn't actually have the right size for her in the colour that she preferred, but they gave us a list of other branches that may still have one in stock.

I made a phone call to the first store on the list, which happened to be the Cambridge shop and as luck would have it, they had just the one. I gave them my payment details and the dress was parceled up and was received by us yesterday. Excellent service - thank you Coast.
The dress is quite simple and will look elegant under the unusual jacket that we found in London. (Pictures, if my daughter will oblige, to follow in June when the prom takes place...she doesn't want her Granny, who reads my blog, to see the outfit before then ;-))

****
I had to be at my shop early yesterday morning in order to put back the unsold stock after the Dairy House Fair on Sunday. It didn't take long and it gave me the opportunity to have a bit of a faff!

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

I also added a few new items of stock to the walls, including this pretty floral plaster plaque...

And this delightful pair of nostalgic cottage prints, which I would have loved to have kept, but needs must.

(Sorry we are sold)
****
On a slightly annoying note; I have had to switch on the 'comments moderation' on my blog, as a few anonymous people from China have been leaving spam messages to my posts - Its a shame that this is necessary, as I am usually happy to accept comments from non-Bloggers.
**
Anyway, so as not to leave this post on that negative note, I'd just like to mention a sweet young girl who came into my shop last week - looking very striking I might add. (There are photos of her and the outfits that she likes to put together herself, on her blog) - She came armed with her camera and took some lovely photos inside, which she has shown on her blog here. Thanks again Carrie!
**
OK, have a lovely day, I really MUST catch up with some housework now,
Niki x

11 comments:

  1. I see a basket full of lace I'd love to peek through! ;) Happy to hear your daughter found a gown - I can't wait to see it in June! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those flowers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased your daughter got her prom gown after all the searching! :)
    I hope you didn't bring too much back from the fair :)
    Have a great week Niki.

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you found the right gown... what a shame that you are having trouble with comments, that spoils it for others who get lots of joy reading you !! keep up the good work .. christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not so much to put back?! Yea for you--that should mean a good sale last weekend. It looked like a lot of good fun. Even though we are an ocean apart, it amazes me that we seem to like the same sort of things. Don't we have great taste?! Have a good week. ♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guenievre3:00 pm

    Bonjour Niki !
    Quels jolis objets ! Le panier plein de dentelles (basket with lace) m'attire beaucoup !
    Désolée pour les commentaires chinois (Chinese comments) désagréables ... J'espère que je pourrais, malgré tout, continuer à poster sur votre joli blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niki

    Your stall looked great on Sunday! It's such a lovely place, I can't wait to go back there again.

    The photographs that Carrie took are very good! It always nice to see young talent.

    I noticed the strange comments when I looked at your previous post. That was the reason I decided to moderate my comments a littlr while ago.

    I've had a very strong head cold since Monday so no Shepton for me at the moment... I've got a nose the colour of a telephone box, not a pretty sight! I did admire those cottage pictures, they would have been snapped up by me had I got thee first...nevermind. I'm sure they've gone to a good home.

    Take care
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to you and your daughter for finding the perfect Prom dress! I can understand why she doesn't want you to show the dress on here if she doesn't want Grandma to see it before the big 'reveal'. I looked up the website of the young lady who came in and took pictures...I loved it and her little video. She should be a model! I hope you have a wonderful day Niki....take care. Maura

    ReplyDelete
  9. Niki,

    I absolutely love your shop (and blog)! If I didn't live 7600 km from your place I'd be in there tomorrow to buy all of your lovely pieces of violet china.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your odds and bobs,,,and I see one of the things if I lived on that side of the pond would have loved is sold already the painting..have a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear that your daughter found a prom dress she really likes. I remember just how important that was. I love your shop!! Wish I wasn't a continent away!!

    Love,
    Susan and Bentley
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx