Tuesday, January 17, 2012

'Junking' in January


The flea markets have begun again for the New Year - Sunday was a particularly fine January day...perfect for a spot of rootling through junk! Here are some of the items that came home with me...

I bought this book from the 1950s, which I loved because of the fabrics it features - Similar to many I use myself in my handmade products.

A painted umbrella stand and pretty parasol.

French fabric covered box full of buttons.

Teeny millinery flowers and a 1/2 dolls head to recycle.

Antique copper slipper storage box.

A case full of little film boxes in need of re-purposing...Perhaps gift boxes?

Trims and ribbons for handmade treasures...

Fabrics and lace too!

A double size lace bedspread.

A tantalising selection - The filigree brass triangle shaped piece will become a doll's tiara, I think.

Country kitchen scales.

Rusty keys and knitting needles.

A pair of cottage prints.

Postcards.

A painted table and a triple dressing table mirror.

(All for the shop.)
**
And for me...
This cute musical jewel box - The bird on the perch swings to-and-fro when the drawer is opened!

And a cottage print to add to my collection (which I shall show (one day!) when the bedroom make-over is complete...)

**
All the items for the shop found their way there today. I have almost completed the changes I said I was making, so will try and show them in my next blog post.

Hope you're having a lovely week so far,
Niki x

13 comments:

  1. good to see you on Sunday, that looks like an impressive day of "truffling" at the flea market! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great finds Nikki. I'm not surprised the jewel box is for you, it is lovely.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 pm

    ooooh Niki i love the boudoir chic torso,so gorgeous and you came home with a beautiful stash.
    The slipper box is fabulous and the pink feather trimmed shoes in the last picture are divine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful finds - I especially like the bird cage. I never knew that they put slippers in a copper box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous treasures! Love the Victorian beaded bag especially! I also like the little cobalt blue glass bottle -- my first trip to London we went to Covent Garden where I purchased a little blue glass bottle of Neal's Yard Remedies shampoo (I'm sure I paid tourists' price for it in London); I still have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, you did good. How I would love to look through the little book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:35 am

    You found some lovely things. I love the cottage prints and the Home Making book.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:46 am

    PS I've just had a look on Amazon UK for the 'Home Making' book and there are a number of copies available for anyone that is interested.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comments 'Vintage Gardener' - My book is for sale too! ;-))
    N x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely treasures and I love the little musical box, don't blame you for keeping it. Enjoy the rest of your week.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cottage prints and the little birdcage is so sweet!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. delicious. Can't beat a box of buttons to keep me quiet for an hour or two!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, these lovely treasures! I use film boxes for to keep seeds :-).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx