Friday, January 10, 2014

Hearty Greetings

I've been busy making handmade cards today. Some were made solely with Valentine's Day in mind, but a few with a simple message of love, could be sent to anyone in need of some! :)

I used vintage wool as a base, cut into a heart shape using pinking shears, to which I stitched small scraps of antique lace.
Mother-of-pearl buttons, faux pearls, a stamped message and a dash of red give them their romantic look.




Each heart was then tied on to the front of a blank card. (Can easily be removed and kept by the recipient.)



I have a little Valentine section going on in my shop.
I've displayed cards and the soaps from my previous post inside a make-shift cupboard.
I fashioned it from the lovely box that my friend Debbie had covered as part of my Christmas gift. I added a little shelf inside, which I covered in sheet music to match. The box, stood on its end, makes a cute little display cabinet!


***

I've been changing a lot of the displays in the shop, which I shall continue to do tomorrow...






Have a restful weekend,
Niki x

8 comments:

  1. Your heart cards are gorgeous, I can't imagine anybody wanting to throw them away! Every time you post pics of your shop, I so wish I lived just round the corner. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lululiz! I wished you lived just around the corner too :)
    Have a lovely weekend,
    Niki

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your hearts . . I love this entire post. So pretty!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your heart card. Fab that you can keep the hearts afterwards.
    Your shop looks so inviting. such pretty things.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely hearts Niki x
    Loving your little display 'cabinet'.
    I love the bowl with the sewing thread bobbins in too.
    I've got a little painted plant pot in my windowsill with an old darning mushroom and some wooden bobbins in. Some of the bobbins had thread on with the wonderful names of the colours, one of which was Rose Madder, which was a glorious shade of pink. Must take a photo.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and creative blog. Your store looks amazing too and would love to visit if I lived there. warm wishes from Canada, Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Swoooon! I would so love to receive one of your Romantic love hearts, I shall leave your blog page open.... Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your shop looks wonderful, so full of beautiful handmade goodies. If I'm ever in this area I will be sure to visit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx