Thursday, April 17, 2014

Vintage Easter Bazaar, Frome

The much anticipated Spring Vintage Bazaar will be held this Easter Saturday, 19th April, 
at the Cheese & Grain, Frome 
9am to 3pm. 
I've been busy handmaking lots of pieces, as well as being out sourcing some vintage treasures and I've ended up with quite a 30's inspired collection of items... 
Made-over shoe stretchers.
Padded coat hanger with original floral corsage. 

I have some lovely old postcards.
I placed this stunning vintage floral fabric inside an elaborate frame as a eye-catching artwork.
Another of my handmade flapper hats stands - this one with her softly moulded 30's felt face that I've been saving for a while. 


And this shorter hat stand dressed in classic 30's colours, with typical cheeky face.


Cute flapper hair pins.

Calorie-free cupcake pincushions. 
Easter eggs covered in vintage fabrics (to be displayed in a paper nest on the day).


A variation on my powder-puff wands.

Vintage ribbon, button and braid rosette badges.


A sweet collection of flapper face powder puffs in spring-like colours.




I've also made some larger flower powder puffs similar to the others I showed on my previous post. These all have vintage millinery roses decorating them.

I also decided to make two new fairies for the spring season. 
This one is Pansy Petals...

And her friend is Ester, dressed in Easter pastels.

Forgot to take a 'before' photo of this old box, but it wasn't a pretty sight anyway! Its now tidied up with paint and fabric and is ready to be used once more.
I relined inside the main box with 30's velvet and also its 'secret' bits! (it has one of those drawers in the base too that springs open when the pin is removed - great for secreting all your diamonds away! ;-))

I found another of these little clock cabinets whilst down in Devon last month. 
Thought I'd leave this one alone on the outside, as the condition was lovely, but a re-line of the inside and the addition of two tiny shelves makes it more useful. 
I used antique handwritten papers.
Perfect for displaying a collection of tiny treasures that you may have. 


A little gift box, made-over with vintage wallpaper and a Victorian paper scrap featuring bunnies.
Cute 30's composition and muslin doll in red crepe skirt.
Vintage hand crocheted crinoline lady egg-cosies just in time for keeping your Easter breakfast warm.
Adorable 30's china bookend and friend... 
Hand worked needlepoint picture of the same era.
An original oil painting on tin of a pansy posy.

 
Lots more pieces are packed and ready to go...
Hope to see you there.
:)
Happy Easter,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. Love all your bits. Wish I could be there. Have a good day.
    Rosezeeta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work, wonderful things!
    I'll be there with my heart!
    See you soon, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been so busy! Lots of lovely things to sell. I love your makeover on the clock cabinet. Great idea adding the shelves. Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend and that the sale goes well for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx