Friday, April 24, 2015

Daisy Days...

April has been a wonderful month for sunshine...
This week I painted wood preserver onto our garden benches...
Then turned my attention to the metal chairs...
With the sun bleaching my photos, these chairs don't look too bad, but they were actually quite rusty in places...
 
Using this...
Does what it says on the tin(!), it was a fairly quick job...

And they were all soon back in their shady spot under the decking.
 
 
Next it was the turn of an old Lloyd Loom chair which needed a new cover for its sprung seat.
(Seen in the back ground is a dining chair that I also re-covered - This one will be coming with me to the vintage jumble sale next month - details on my sidebar.)

I wanted the Lloyd Loom chair to match in with the others that we use in the summer house and garden. Most have a nod to a vintage Sanderson in one way or another...



I decided on this fabric - Yes a Sanderson, but actually only from 1993 - I feel sure it's a reprint of one of their 40's designs going by the style and colours - It's called 'Daisy Days'.
The seat lifts out and is on a wooden frame. It was quite straight forward to stitch the fitted fabric cover and then staple the fabric seam allowance to the frame on the underside using a staple gun.
It then just drops back into place in the chair.
Ready for summer!
Have a lovely weekend,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. The metal chairs in their new coat of paint look lovely and I adore the Lloyd loom. That fabric is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki :) ooh you have been a busy bee,your chairs look lovely and fresh with their new coat of pain and i love the daisy fabric,i hope you are enjoying your weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Niki,how I envy your energy,mine has deserted me!!Those Sanderson prints are lovely,I like the idea of a space to sit under the decking,I always like the idea of a paint that doesn't need any prep.as it's such a bore!Happy sunny days to you.Pam.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx