Thursday, September 12, 2013

Shelf Stacking

There's been lots of things happening at home this month, but I've also fitted in some crafting time, so wanted to update my blog with a taster of some of my latest handmade items. I have several other 'work-in-progress' projects, which I shall show once completed. 
A little handmade hand bag, made from a cheerful vintage fabric and old wooden button.
In fact I loved the fabric so much, I made a cushion from it too... 


One of my patriotic hand-stitched brooches.
This miniature mannequin started out as one of those modern pieces designed for the dressing table. I stripped her back to her 'bare bones' so that I could give her a simple makeover.
First I had to give the torso a coat of cream paint...
And then using some printed tissue from a vintage sewing pattern (which was missing a vital piece, so was no longer of use)...
I  decoupaged the surface of her.

This antique picture frame was given to me by a friend. It was missing its glass, so I decided to revisit another old idea from a few years ago and make a notice board from it. 
I painted the frame and then added a pad of foam, overlaid with an antique French rose fabric. A length of lace stretched across provides a place to tuck in notes and messages, or photos and postcards.



Painted pegboard.

A cherry fairy called Morello.
I'm reserved, thank you!

A cute c1930's doll received a little make-over...I had to re-paint her eyes and then fashion a flapper dress for her to wear.
I also gave her a ribbon flower headdress. 

Some simple little decorative assemblage pieces, made from antique photos and vintage trinkets.


All arrived at the shop this week.

***
Some of the vintage treasures I've managed to source are filling the shelves too...

Lots of pretty boudoir accessories.

Kitchenalia.
Bathroom bits.

And some vintage fashion...
Including this c1930's crepe tea dress (with a few small issues, but still very wearable.)

A linen coat.
Sorry I'm sold.
And beautiful c1920's piano shawl.
Hope life is treating you kindly...
Thanks for stopping-by,
Niki x

3 comments:

  1. Niki, I was just trying to catch up and just love all the sweet items you have in your shoppe!
    Just the front of the shoppe makes me homesick!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:11 am

    Как все мило! Так хотелось бы побродить в Вашем Магазинчике!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shop and would love a shop of my own . It's not a whim , I'm a teenage old biddy.
    I have done P&Q since I was knee high
    Keep blogging .
    My family all live in Bristol, I'm in the east midlands .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx