Friday, November 22, 2013

North Cadbury Vintage Textile Fair


Saturday November 23rd.
9am to 2pm
North Cadbury Village Hall - BA22 7DH
Admission £1.

More details here.
***
I've been working on a new collection of fairies for the festive season. Those coming with me to the Textile Fair above, are all named after semi-precious stones...
Moonstone
**
Citrine
**
Goshenite
**
Tanzanite

**
Morganite

**
And a very special framed fairy called Imperial Topaz.


**
I shall also be bringing along one of my large rag dolls.
This is Rose and she is dressed in the palest pastel pink lambswool cardigan and layers of vintage fabric clothes embellished with lace and trims.
**
There will be one of my medium sized rag dolls too - Holly is dressed as an angel with a lacy knitted gown and dainty collar fastened with a vintage costume brooch.
She has tiny tinsel wings and
pure cotton bloomers with hand crochet lace at the hems.

I will of course be bringing lots of vintage textiles and haberdashery with me too, so hope to have something to tempt the visitors. Hope you can make it along, as Lizzie works tirelessly to organise a successful event.
(My shop will be closed whilst I attend - Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.)

***
I've been off the radar a little lately, as I've also been working hard towards the Vintage and Handmade Christmas Fair which will be held on December 7th. I have plans to take a total of (at least) 10 handmade fairies with me, if I can complete them all in time...!
Niki x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful. But if you give them names, doesn't that make it harder to part with them? xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pics! Good weenkend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck for tomorrow!
    I wish I was there ... sigh!
    A hug, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one fairy doll and love it I also bought her swan that was made by same company

    your's are all so charming
    I know you will sell them all

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must admit, I rather envy your fairies their dresses....so pretty! Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx