Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Quick Post

Hubby and I went out yesterday for a drive across the Somerset Levels....Something that would have been impossible last year. The Blackdown Hills beyond is not an area that we are familiar with, so it was nice to visit somewhere different and take time to appreciate the wonderful countryside that surrounds us. Thoughts of all those affected by the floods last year were never far away though. 
Stopping for a walk in Martock we met one of the locals. A VERY friendly crow was sat on a wall and happily let me snap his portrait! I have a thing for crows and always thought it would be wonderful to have one as a pet -  I'm obviously a closet goth! ;-))
On returning home there was a surprise parcel waiting on our doorstep. A wonderful scented bouquet of spring flowers from the Scilly Isles, sent to me by my friend.
Wish you could smell them, they are glorious. 

***
Now its back to work and I've started sorting stock for the upcoming Vintage Jumble Sale at Box on Saturday 28th February. 
I'll have some handmade vintage fabric cushions at bargain prices, as well as lots of vintage stock which I am still clearing from my shop. Certainly a date for the diary if you can make it along, as there is a great line-up of stallholders with promises of a wide assortment of wares. 
OK, that's it for today - Just checking-in.
Enjoy yours!
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a wonderful day, gorgeous flowers too
    Julie xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki,
    Your crow is a beauty! i love our darker larger feathered friends just as much as the little ones,beautiful flowers and such a lovely welcome home from your thoughtful friend..ooh that little kitty is going at top speed haha,i wish i lived closer to pop into the jumble sale xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness! How much more work would you get done if you had a cute little furry helper doing all the sewing for you? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those beautiful flowers...I can just imagine the scent must be exquisite. Btw is little yellow bunny for sale N? xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx