Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Cheer.

I received a glorious parcel yesterday from Ginny, which was so beautifully wrapped. We arranged our own private swap between us and this is what arrived. I wish you could smell this candle - the fragrance is so intense - Cinnamony and Christmasy - divine!

Inside the other gift was a scrummy pile of fabrics tied with ribbon and lace and one of Ginny's handmade ballet boot lavender sachets. She has made these for many years and I have always coveted them and now I am lucky enough to own one!

I have hung it from the key to my French armoire.

Thank you Ginny for your generous gift - I of course, love everything!

*************************
I have worked on creating a costume for the plaster half doll that I received in a swap parcel from Louise recently. I used a section from a strong cardboard poster tube to bring her up in height, gluing it in place with my glue gun. There is a plastic stopper in the bottom, so I can hide secret things inside her!!
I then set about styling her hair with ostrich feathers, millinery forget-me-nots and a vintage magenta rhinestone brooch.
Her bodice is made from a section of beaded chiffon with a deep cummerbund decorated with a vintage dyed mother-of-pearl buckle.

The skirt is stitched from a 1920's eiderdown cotton printed with pale Hollyhocks, with antique lace hem and overlaid with dusky pink net at her waist. I also repainted her finger nails in pastel pink and gave her a small glass bead necklace.
******************************
Today was the last posting date for Christmas deliveries - I would like to thank everyone who has made a purchase from my website this year, which I appreciate very much indeed.

Things are starting to get a little more festive around here.....

We will be decorating our Christmas tree tomorrow........

6 comments:

  1. You got some lovely things. I love your red mailbox with the crown.
    Have a wonderful Christmas!
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely swap you received! And the wondrous way you've adorned your half-doll... stunning! I'm so happy you were able to do something with her wild hair. =) The dress and everything about her is just lovely!

    And I must say that I am in LOVE with your door entrance! Have a wonderful Christmas, Niki, and have fun decorating your tree, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki I've been bad about trying to keep up with everyone - our 'blog families' just seem to expand daily - as my waistline (what waistline you may say?)will after scoffing down the mince pies and Christmas cake in the next week!!

    Meanwhile I'm loving your house decorated for Christmas and I know your Holidays will be fabulous at the gorgeous Stone House. Oh, and just seeing the Royal Mail post box is making me SO homesick, even though I was just there in Oct.

    Happy Christmas - may the New Year bring peace, good health and prosperity to you and your loved ones.
    Blessing and hugs ~ Mary ~ ACROSS THE POND.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, more beautiful things Niki, you have given that doll a wonderful new lease of life, she looks so elegant now. Hope you have a great Christmas - don't forget to show the tree!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niki

    Well, you certainly transformed her - just wonderful - looking forward to the photos of the tree!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doll is lovely, as is your home, festively dressed for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx