Thursday, December 13, 2007

Presents and Prizes in the Post!


I recently went Christmas shopping at Lucy Blooms Blog shop. My order arrived beautifully presented in a vintage rose-fabric case. Inside were these lovely items, each hand made by Lucy. The quality of everything is excellent and they are such useful pretties too! I have to wrap them up as a Christmas present for a friend, but I am very tempted to keep some for myself!!
****************************************
Another parcel to arrive in the post this week, was from Louise, who arranged a private swap between the two of us. I received the vintage plaster half doll, which I intend to make a gown for over the Christmas break. She also kindly sent me one of her hand made lace corsages. I decided to add this to a lampshade in my living room.

Thank you Louise - I love the parcels that you sent to me - including all of the little extras!
******************************
And finally, you may remember that I mentioned that I entered the Cath Kidston 'Make Your Own Stanley' competition, in a previous post. Well I am thrilled to bits because I actually won a runner-up prize!

Apparently they had so many entries that they decided to have three winners and eight runners up. I will receive some CK gift vouchers, which I will enjoy spending!
The entries can be seen here on the Cath Kidston website.

19 comments:

  1. Hello Niki! I had a hunch you were going to win with that darling pup you made!!! Congrats!!! Everything you purchased from Lucy is just lovely! I am glad you are pleased with our swap -- the doll looks happy in her new English-countryside home! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations NiKi - I just love the little Stanley you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Niki - Congratulations!!! I was just going to email you to say that I had just received a Cath Kidston email with the winners listed and I found your lovely Stanley in pride of place, I wanted to say you really deserved your prize, I love your Stanley!
    Kimx
    Lovely things you've been buying too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:51 pm

    i was on the CK website and i saw your dog! Congrats to you. I knew you would win something for him, he is great. looks like you got some great stuff in the post too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FANTASTIC news Niki... you must be over the moon!
    I was when I saw your little Stanley on the CK newsletter that arrived a second ago..
    Well deserved you clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done you! Look forward to seeing the results of your shopping expedition!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you Niki!
    Enjoy,
    Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being runner up! Stanley turned out so cute witht the lace fabric you used!! I am going to have to check the site out now.

    Becky
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your goodies and what a gorgeous wrapping it arrived in!! What a treat!

    I just love your little Stanley...and I think yours was the best :))

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  10. So the dog is a prize? That has got to be one collector's item schnauzer! *moss-green with envy*
    folk art and art glass

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done Nicki, in fact FANTASTIC to get a runner up, especially when you think how many people entered WOW!.
    I love your swaps, they are so much fun, I have done a couple and have loved every single one.
    Your gifts are gorgeous.
    Have a super weekend
    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous3:34 pm

    Mnay congartuations Niki your Stanley is adorable and deserved a prize.
    Carolyn
    Willow House

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:08 pm

    Well done Niki, I hoped your Stanley would win, he really is super. Jackie Mx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Niki,
    I just knew your Stanley would win a prize, I still maintain he's the best one! Thank you so much for the mention, and the lovely things you said. When I saw the first pic, I didn't recognise it at first, it's funny how your own stuff looks different when it's not your own pic. Your swap goodies are lovely too. Hmm, I never thought to use wallpaper for wrapping Christmas presents, what a good idea! Hope you had a good time with your guests, have a good weekend.
    best wishes,
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Niki, Congratulations on your lovely winner! He's gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Niki, How wonderful that you won the CK contest. Your Stanley is just adorable! You truly are the most talanted Gal. I'm a huge fan of both you and Cath's who just happen to be the best designers around :-} I enjoy stopping by your blog to visit, it always gives me some much needed smiles. Happy hoildays to you, your daughters and hubby too. ~Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Niki,

    I knew your Stanley would win a prize, well done!

    You have some lovely things there - aren't Louise's corsages gorgeous - yours looks lovely on the lace lampshade.

    Have a lovely weekend!

    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Nickie! Your vintage fabrics are so pretty! The beautiful things you are going to make with all that!
    Lovely pouch and pretties you bought too!
    Have a Merry Merry Christmas!

    tea
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well done on the prize for Stanley although I have to say I think you should have won first prize. I had a look at all the entries and thought yours was by far the cutest.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx