Monday, February 10, 2014

Florals for February

Inspired by spring flowers...
I made this tulip cushion last week...
Made from vintage hand embroidered linen and a patchwork of vintage floral fabrics.
The reverse.
Another stitched with vintage lazy daisies and pretty florals. 

Reverse - 1970 Laura Ashley fabric.

I've been out buying some lovely treasures too...
An antique book with beautiful embossed cover.


Kitsch plastic rosary. 
Dainty brooch with metal leaves and glass bead berries all wired in place by a creative hand long ago.
I've also bought several items of china -
Time for a re-jig at the shop when I go back on Thursday...
***
There's lots of re-decorating going on at home at the moment, so I'll be back here again when I can...Have a great week,
Niki x

6 comments:

  1. So cheerful Niki!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blooms, nice cushions and the last photo hints a some beautiful china pieces!
    Thanks for sharing...We are ALL of us ready for Spring, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blooming lovely Niki ;)
    I adore old embossed books and yours is beautiful,Love the roses on your new china xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki, I just wanted to say that yours was the first blog I ever came across and I'm so glad that it's still going strong. It must have been about 7 years ago as I've been blogging myself now for about 6 years. I know if I ever need a to cheer myself up with a delicious dollop of eye candy I can call on you to provide it. Thank you, Fi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful book - I just love the bird image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how beautiful and uplifting! I particularly love the birdie print (am a sucker for those) love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx