Saturday, February 15, 2014

Salvaged Vintage Embroideries.


I've been doing a bit of simple card making, using this stunningly beautiful embroidered Chinese silk.
 I found it left outside in the rain at a flea market, so unfortunately the colours had started to run on some of the embroidered sections. Thankfully much was salvageable and was the perfect size to slip behind these cards with open mounts. 

I had enough of the cards to make just 5 for now, but will make some more soon.
The small rectangle of card that popped out of the mount was just large enough to fold in half to make gift tags! I used up some tiny pieces of hand embroidery I had left over from the next project I wanted to show...

A handmade bag using the last of the vintage tulip hand embroidered linen. 
It is lined inside with the softest ditsy printed flannelette cotton (same as handles) and is finished with a 30's button and loop fastening.  
(The reverse.)
Wishing you a happy weekend,
Niki x


6 comments:

  1. Oh what a delight to the eye , is your page! I just found you through Boxwood Cottage! You have such "lovelies" on your blog! I'll be back for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! How could anyone leave that fabric out in the rain? What a great find for you! I love the cards that you created from it! And using the cut-outs as gift tags . . . very creative!

    That bag is so pretty as well! And I spied a couple more items in your shop that I would love! Especially that little plate with what appear to be pink roses around the edges! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab use of such hard work by anonymous ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your blog & have recently found you again after losing all my favourites when our computer crashed. I love the handmade cards you create & all your photos ... those pictures of the dressers are just beautiful. If I was ever lucky enough to come to the U.K. I would love to visit your delightful shop & would probably need a container to ship home all that I would love to buy. Warm regards from across the miles from New Zealand, Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite delightful cards,such a good flea market find!! Best regardsPam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello again Niki :-)
    I've been away from blogland for quite a long time so it's good to see you're still blogging!
    I really love your 'primitive' style dolls: so much careful detailing in them, they should be family heirlooms!
    Not sure I'd want to perch on the antique coral though... ouch! JJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx