Thursday, December 23, 2010

Merry Christmas!


So as another Christmas fast approaches, there's just time for me to stop by my blog for a few minutes...
First to show you this book, which was a surprise gift in the post, from the very kind and generous Monica. I'm not sure what I did to deserve such a lovely gift, as I have somewhat neglected my blogging buddies this year as I've worked on the challenge of setting up my new shop and learned to juggle it with a healthy family life.
Anyway, I think Monica knew I would love this book, as it is very similar in style to one of my favourite interior books that I like to dip into, particularly at this time of year; which is 'Country Living' Seasons at Seven Gates Farm.
Within the pages of my new book, I was quite taken by this primitive, folk art style angel decoration.
She reminded me of the dolls that I used to make about fifteen years ago (which still grace our tree).
So, whilst I was at the shop today, I decided to have a go at making a similar doll...for old times sake. First I scribbled a quick pattern, and then cut out the pieces from a section of antique quilt and some calico.
A few stitches later, and here is my version of an American style angel.

Rustic country, with a touch of natural 'twiggyness'!

Oh yes, and talking of dolls, if you'd like to see the Jester doll that I found recently, settled in at his new home, then please pay a visit to Amanda at Maygreen Fairies to see him in his prime position sat amongst her wonderful Christmas display. (I have also added Amanda's photos to the 'inspiration' page on my website.)
Today was the last day for me to be at my shop in 2010...I am taking a week off, which I am REALLY looking forward to.

My daughter has just arrived home from Aberystwyth for a few days, but unfortunately is suffering from swine flu (I'm not sure how she made the train journey at all, as she looks so ill)...Hopefully she will be feeling better for Christmas Day...fingers crossed.

And so, from our home to yours, I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas! - Keep warm, count your blessings, and have lots of fun!

Niki x

17 comments:

  1. Hi Niki,

    Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas.

    I have enjoyed reading your blog throughout the year and hope to enjoy many more in the new year, Tamara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas, I hope your daughter is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a lovely family Christmas Niki and hope your daughter feels better soon.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Niki
    Hope you have a Wonderful Christmas.
    Hope your daughter feels better soon. We're all suffering here too - that flu is not nice at all.
    I'm sure that a bit of mum's TLC will do wonders though!
    Warmest wishes.
    June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niki...wonder these pictures!
    I see your shop and my heart skips...;o))
    Merry Christmas to you and dear
    greeting!! Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wishing you a lovely Christmas, and thankyou so much for your support this year.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a dear angel you've made!!! I pray your daughter feels well quickly (I had 3 of my 4 children home ill this week myself.)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely love the new angel doll you created, such a talented lady.
    Glad the jester found a loving home.
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a wonderful New Year.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your new angel!
    Merry Christmas to you, too!
    <3 Terri

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have really enjoyed reading your blog this past year and looking at all the beautiful pictures of your little town,,I pray your daughter will be well for christmas,,so here to wishing you and your family a healthy Merry Little Christmas,,from across the pond..

    xxx
    Devon

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased that the jester has found a happy home! Have a lovely break over Christmas and New Year. Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous1:26 pm

    ·٠●♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Merry Christmas! Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥●٠·

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading your blogs immensely. You truly have a way of capturing the ideals and culture of the past.
    I would be honored if you would check out our Social Network, http://NostalgiaHD.com.
    We would love to hear your stories, and read your postings.

    Friends
    ~Gary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello!

    Just discovered your lovely blog...

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous5:44 pm

    What a lovely post! Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Niki,
    Wishing you a very happy new year.
    A real treat to visit your blog and see all of your beautiful decorations around your stunning home. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx