Friday, September 23, 2011

A Blatant Plug!


I always feel a little sheepish when mentioning my shop on my blog...Which is why I like to balance my posts with other topics in between...But perhaps you can forgive me today, as I just need to let visitors to Shepton Mallet know that I am still here!
You see, as you walk from the top of the town, down the High Street towards the Market Place, my shop is hidden from view behind rather ugly scaffolding and corrugated iron panels.
Its not until you're almost upon the ancient Market Cross that is having a complete renovation job done on it, that you can see my little Nostalgic nest nestled behind...
It is of course wonderful that the monument is having the painstaking work performed on it, but it is affecting my business a little.
The view from my 'sewing window' isn't great either and so I'm REALLY looking forward to the day the barricades come down!
I always feel it a privilege to have this lovely building outside my shop, and don't like to be seen as complaining....
So I just wanted to say, 'I'm still here!'

A sneaky peek...Look how beautiful the stonework is coming up...Word has it that there will be lighting put into the base too, to light up the Market Cross at night. It WILL be worth it...
Think happy thoughts... :)
Have a lovely weekend,
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. It's going to look gorgeous Niki... just like your shop! Just keep your eyes averted for a while and you'll be rewarded. I'd love to come and visit the shop one day, maybe this facelift on the Market Cross will be an incentive for my other half :-)
    The Time Sculptor

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can see your frustration with this view niki! Hang on in there & i am sure it will all come good. Have a super weekend. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the work is soon completed so your customers can find you again and your get your lovely view back.
    Have a good weekend.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. think of it as a Modern Art Installation!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You were so wise to grab the empty space that became Nostalgia! First the movie crew, now the renovations...you have a fabulous outlook on the world from your corner of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki
    If you can't shout about your gorgeous shop on your own blog, then where can you? As always I love your styling and beautiful photos. If I get the chance to visit Shepton Mallet from up here in North Yorkshire, I will seek the shop out, and bring you a cake too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous7:35 pm

    Hi Niki,
    Ooooh it looks gorgeous so far,well if you look up ;) bet it will be wonderful with lights,
    Hope you had a lovely weekend,
    XXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx