Friday, September 21, 2012

Bake-A-Thon

Our daughter and granddaughter are coming to stay with us this weekend...
I think we'll find time for some more baking...
We have plans for lots more cakes for her wedding...
So I've fished-out this old copy of Good Housekeeping's Cake Making from the 1950's. 
You can't beat some of the traditional tried and tested recipes that have provided a treat to families over the decades...
The Tala icing set is at the ready! 
Wish us luck! :)



Have a lovely weekend whatever you have planned,
Niki x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Niki, I've just made some cherry shortbread from a bero recipe, its divine! Love the old recipes, hope yours turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The clock cake was very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy baking. My most used baking book is an old Be-Ro book from the 70s. Can't beat the old classics. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those pictures bought back memories of baking with my mum. I'm sure she still has the book in her kitchen. She still has the Kenwood Chef we used too, it must be over 50 yrs old now but is still going well.

    I hope we get to see the results of your baking day - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, what a lovely book! Just the other day, my aunty showed me a Good Housekeeping book from the 50's which my Mam bought for her ... it covers absolutely everything from dressing a crab to icing a wedding cake ... it was divine, but the hints fell on deaf ears I'm afraid! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki, just back home. Thank you for your wonderful welcome at your lovely shop, I recognized all the items on your previous post :-). So beautiful! Will now unpack all the treasures I bought from you. Oh happy day! Bath was difficult in the rush hour but worthwhile- found exactly the very tool I needed. Wishing you a happy baking weekend. I shall try to come back to normal but the longer the actual mood will last, the better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx