Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Autumn Chores and Happy Halloween!


Many of the autumn jobs I had planned have been crossed from my list this week.
I've made another Christmas cake, this time with extra cherries and no lemon or orange peel...my daughters will be pleased! ;-))

I decided just a few of the antique books from my daughter's wedding would look nice on the mantelpiece, which will be there as a lovely reminder for us.

I'm trying to decide if I should dye the linen slip cover on our old arm chair (below) a soft dusty red colour, to match the sofas in this room...You know what its like(?)...once dyed, there is no going back...



I've filled up the painted apple crate with logs, which are all prunings from our garden this year and have been drying in our log store outside. All ready for the colder evenings. 
A little visitor came to stay again for a few hours and we had fun playing in the leaves.




Lots of tidying still yet to do.
I've been getting lots of stock ready for the V&H Vintage Jumble Sale that takes place on Saturday. 
I've got bags filled with old linens, ideal for re-purposing...
And lots of vintage clothes and various other vintage goodies such as china and books. Hope to see you there if you can make it along - There are always some great bargains. 
Just to say, my shop will be open as usual, as hubby has volunteered his services as shopkeeper for the day.
I've also put together a new Nostalgia calendar for 2013. I've ordered one copy as a proof, and if all is OK, I shall order more to offer for sale, on-line, at fairs and at my shop. 
These are some of the photos that didn't quite make it...



**

Finally I'd like to wish you all a Happy Halloween.
A pumpkin carved by my youngest daughter. 
Gruesome! ;-))
Have a lovely evening,
Niki x

8 comments:

  1. Wish I could make it to the V&H fair to rummage through all the goodies.
    The pumpkin is fantastic ... one of the most original ones I have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pumpkin ~ what great imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little log store on your fire place what a brill idea,your room looks really cosy and calm.Love your pumpkins,Love Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gruesome indeed!
    The books look perfect as does your log store.
    Hope you have a great day at the fair.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to catching up on Saturday. Love the pumpkin, absolutely fantastic.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the cover is the monogrammed linen one PLEASE don't dye it - its beautiful in its original form.

    Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope to come on Saturday but if I dont get there have a wonderful day..love that pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, new follower here!! I found your blog through Susycottage, and very glad i did! Greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx