Thursday, October 18, 2012

Carefree in Cornwall

Hubby and I are just back from 3 wonderful days in Cornwall. We both needed a rest after the manic few weeks preparing for our daughter's wedding - It was a real treat to get away and not have to think about it any more, except to treasure the lovely memories we now have of her perfect day. I'll compose a lengthy blog post all about the wedding when I have time over the next few days or so...We've now seen the the professional photos from the fabulous Andy, which I shall also share with you - If anyone is looking for a wedding photographer  please let me know as I would have no hesitation in recommending him.
For now it's beautiful Cornwall - St. Ives to be precise, where we were blessed with blue skies, blue seas and warm autumn sunshine. Bliss! 




Monday we visited St.Michael's Mount.

We walked across the causeway at low tide...

To the island.



I was fascinated by these curtains hanging at the windows in the castle...I've had a very similar fabric to this in the past myself, which I've made into items for sale in my shop. It would date from around the C18th and is French. 


Tuesday we visited a seal sanctuary at Gweek. Some of the rescued seals are blind, but still enjoy a happy and relaxing life amongst their companions in the pool.

Afterwards we strolled around a garden at Godolphin.
(Not one I'd particularly recommend though.)


Wednesday we came home along the north coast, stopping at as many places that we could before heading home...
Above is Polperro beach. 
Padstow.

Port Isaac, where TV series Doc Martin was filmed.








And finally Boscastle.

It was a real treat to get away and share my days with hubby, as we have so few opportunities to spend time with one another with work and other distractions taking priority. It was Hub's Birthday at the beginning of October, which came and went without much chance to celebrate, as final wedding preparations were under-way, then he had to work away in Germany - Our mini-break did make up for that though.
Hope all is happy with you,
Niki x

10 comments:

  1. We love that cafe in the last photo - we have had lovely coffee and cues there! Glad he Wedding went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad that you had a good wedding and obviously many lovely memories to cherish. Your photographs are beautiful. I have never managed to get to Cornwall, and every time I see someone's photos I am so envious. I will make it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely break in Cornwall, just what the Doctor ordered, can't wait to hear all about the wedding. Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Niki, what a fabulous way to start the day by looking at your gorgeous photos of Cornwall.
    Thankyou most kindly for sharing my dear. You've made my day already! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many memories... Love Cornwall, heading down there shortly myself... staying outside Liskeard. bring it on. Love Helen, Darcy and Bingley xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh... Polperro... oh.... Padstow.... oh... Boscastle.... sigh.
    Happy belated birthday to your hubby - thanks for those wonderful Cornish pictures of a well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks lovely! Glad you had a nice holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for the photos of Portwenn...I mean Port Isaac. My husband and I are both fans of Doc Martin. It looks as if you had a lovely escape, right down to some sunny weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your holiday looks amazing ,i love cornwall ,your pictures are amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you have had a lovely break Niki. You deserve it! Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx