Sunday, December 23, 2012

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...


A festive post including a few of the last minute things I've been up to this week.
I called in with a gift for my friend Anne on the way home from work on Friday...
I am a regular caller to her little shop and had recently commented on a lovely rustic wooden crate that she had for sale. She had convincingly stencilled the word Bristol onto the side of it (one of the nearest cities to us) -I jokingly said that if she had stencilled the town Shepton Mallet onto the side instead, I would have bought it!...
Anyway, on Friday Anne presented me with this wonderful trug she had handmade, duly stencilled, and we laughed...
It will be used for display purposes in my shop (probably for lace.)


Its been lovely to have a little bit of time this year to make some gifts for friends...
I made this fairy doll for one friend...

She's been wrapped and delivered this afternoon (the doll, not the friend! ;-))
***
After work yesterday, hubby and I took a short walk around the village where we live, to look at some of the festive lights that our neighbours had put up to decorate their gardens. It was pouring with rain, and understandably the light was poor, but I thought you might like to see some of the sights...
















The village pub.
I couldn't take a photo of the village church, as it was too dark - will take some more photos another day in the day light.




A brook with a sluice-gate runs through the village - After a day of non-stop rain, it was pretty full!
I couldn't help but think for a moment about the unfortunate people whose properties have flooded over the last few days, and so won't be spending Christmas in their homes this year.
A time to count blessings...

***

A few corners of our home...
Miniature ballet shoes that I bought at the Vintage Bazaar, next to a thank you card from a friend. 









Gifts waiting for the big day...
Other gifts have arrived safely on the other side of the world...
 This will be our first Christmas without our eldest daughter being here...She'll be enjoying her festivities in the sunshine, no doubt! Thank goodness for skype and the joys of catching up with her regular blog posts - We'll all be together as best we can... 

Wishing a Very Merry Christmas to all who visit my blog. 
Hope you have a wonderful time, 
Niki x

18 comments:

  1. Hello Niki, I have followed your blog for a long time and really love it. Merry Christmas to you and your family and look forward to seeing your blog in the new year or when you have a new entry.Your photos are wonderful, wish I could "pop"in and visit, especially for one of your calenders. Bye for now from N.Z. Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home looks absolutely stunning Niki. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family and see you in 2013.
    Love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and most enjoyable post. Merry Christmas to you and yours too. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Realy nice festive post of your home, I love the fairy you made for your friend, merry christmas, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Niki,
    It wouldn't be Christmas without a post from Nostalgia At The Stone House,I adore everything in the pictures as always but especially the picture of your white brick fireplace with the candle burning and the peek into your dolls house which i remember you getting,its simply lovely!
    The floods are terrible and it does make you thankful for what you have in life.
    Merry Christmas to all in your Nostalgic Christmas world,
    Love Krissie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. FANTÁSTICO!!!!
    Feliz Navidad desde Tenerife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Very happy Christmas wishes to you and yours x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas Niki,
    Hope you have a lovely holiday and can skype to your daughter.
    Yes I doesn't hurt a bit to count our blessings.
    Thanks for all the lovely posts which I enjoy greatly.
    Cheers
    Sandra in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Mum!!! Have a wonderful time.

    I will definitely miss you this year, as now I have to cook Christmas dinner for myself!!

    Only joking! Well... I will miss your cooking, but I miss you lots too!!! Looking forward to speaking to you on Skype!

    Love Kay xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear Niki, wishing you and your family a very happy holiday, and hoping the coming year brings you all you wish for.
    Thankyou for you support,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy, Happy Christmas Nicki, your house is looking cosy, warm and beautiful, all good luck and best wishes for 2013,
    love sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh I like it all! I just fall in love with your fairy doll ... is wonderful. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thanks for posting all the lovely vignettes of home and shop. Blessings for a warm and cozy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks wonderful, beautiful photos.
    Happy Christmas to you and your loved ones.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooooh, Wonderful! ;-p
    Hughs, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Doll in the dolls house is looking cosy and ready for Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I wish you and yours a very Happy Christmas Niki; your home looks truly scrumptious with all your decorative touches! Ahhh those tiny ballet shoes- I still have all my ballet shoes from when I started dancing at the age of 7 up till my first pair of blocks when I was 16, and I love to look at them and they smell like nothing else (in a good way I hasten to add!) May the New Year bring you continued success in your shop and much happiness x x x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all you have shared some beautiful photos of your life and home they give me inspiration to do and make more of my crafting. I hope the sluice gates kept the water at bay. I and my husband work for a house builder and sadly one of our developments in North Wales was badly flooded and some of the residents had to be moved out. It is so sad to hear that some people were not able to spend Christmas in their own homes across the country due to the floods, my thoughts are with all those who have suffered. Good wishes to you and your family Niki - Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx