Friday, September 10, 2010

September in the Shop


After a bit of lifting, heaving and tweaking, I've now replaced the iron bed in the middle of the shop floor, with no less than three items of furniture! As you come in through the double doors, you are greeted by a country style painted dressing table.

Its perfect for displaying all the feminine bedroom accessories that are essential for good grooming!
*
Behind it is a large shelf unit, which I have trimmed with lengths of old hand crochet lace and broidery anglaise.
It will be ideal for showcasing an ever changing selection of nostalgic treasures.
I covered the back of it in lengths of vintage rosebud wallpaper - I had intended to hang a picture on the back too, but ran out of time (and picture hooks!) yesterday.
A wooden slatted bench (painted a lovely shade of green) stands behind it and is perfect to arrange my collection of handmade cushions on.
I also added a corner shelf stand to the shop too, which you can probably just see to the left of the shelved alcove below. Despite me adding all of these new pieces, it has actually freed up more floor space than before, so its worked well.

The rest of the shop has been faffed, tweaked and had stock added here and there...

Perhaps you'd like a closer look?

*

*

*
*

*

*

*

*
Thanks for stopping by - Have a great day,
Niki x

13 comments:

  1. Niki, your shop looks so beautiful! I really wish I lived nearer to pay a visit, perhaps next time we are in the car I could take the wrong turn "accidentally on purpose"! Have a good weekend.
    Kimx
    (PS the word verification for this comment was "table" - how appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks gorgeous, Niki. We must come and visit again soon.
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, looks lovely Niki. I'm hoping to pop in next weekend after the Antique Fair - first child free weekend in 10 years!!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:06 am

    Why don't I live nearer you and your shop? Life IS So unfair! Your shop looks larvly and I am loving your china...♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear.. I would love to come for a visit and soak in all your lovely objects... The shop looks like a vintage lovers dream... Have a wonderful day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh I wish I lived nearer to your shop! Everything looks absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Niki
    It looks like all of the faffing was worth while. looks lovely as usual, especially the bench with cushions. You didnt show us your windows though?!
    My Mum may be popping in today or tomorrow.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:57 am

    I love the mug with the hollyhocks on it! I wish I could buy it!!
    Love your shop, it looks beautiful!
    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Niki!
    Your shop is looking wonderful...it keeps changing as you sell and buy things. Oh how I wish I could walk through those double doors and have a good old shopping spree! I love that dresser ...that would look wonderful in our guest room and I'd go crazy trying to decide which plates I wanted to take home. One day I WILL get over there and I WILL come by to visit you in your store. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Maura :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some wonderful things in your shop, wish I could have a good old look around in person!
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see it in person ;)
    Enjoy Autumn, Niki!
    Monicax.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just perfect, you have some lovely pieces, your shop would be my idea of heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  13. so cute !
    If I go to England this year, I go to your shop !
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx