Sunday, November 06, 2011

Autumn Glory

Whenever we visit Bath on a Sunday, we always park our car in Victoria Park if we can find a space, as its free to do so. Its a bit of a walk into the city centre and the shops, but is a very beautiful one...particularly at this time of year.
I thought I'd share a few photos of the glorious autumn day we had today, and the walk back to the car after we had done our shopping...
At the back of one of Baths typical Georgian terraces, there is a renovated Georgian garden which is free to enter...
Formal, neat and fairly easy to maintain.
I could do with some of that!
*
Back into the park again...
And pass-by the Royal Crescent.
*
Through one of several pairs of park gates...
And we're back to our car...which I think beats returning to a multi storey car park in a concrete jungle.
Hope you've enjoyed your weekend,
Niki x

6 comments:

  1. Hasn't it been a stunning day Niki and perfect to showcase the best of Autumn colours. I used to walk through 'Vicki' park everyday when my boy was a baby and visit the Botanical gardens. It is so easy to take these things for granted and now I hardly ever visit that side of town. Thank you for bringing it all back to me.
    Michele xx
    P.s Your beautiful shop looks so inviting and full of seasonal cheer. I hope it brings in the Christmas shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one of my favorite spots, Niki! I fondly remember strolling past the Royal Crescent with my hubby as well. Autumn looks so beautiful there! We had a tropical storm in early September, and all the salt air washed over many trees which put an early end to much of our colorful foliage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful colour and some lovely photos of your trip to Bath
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics, Bath is so lovely.

    I think ANYTHING beats reaturning to a multi-storey car park...some of the most depressing places there are!

    Have a good week Niki, I hope things are going steadily in the shop

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:05 am

    Stunning pictures Niki,it was such a fabulous day but brrr this morning frost everywhere and multi storey car parks i find a nightmare.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Niki, it is as if I did the lovely walk with you. Bath is one of my favorite towns and I recognize plenty of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx