Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Brown Paper Packages Tied up with String...

What a surprise I had yesterday when Postie brought in a parcel to my shop for me to sign for. I wasn't expecting anything...
Inside the package was something lightweight and squishy, wrapped in brown paper and tied with string. The sweet little Christmas card said it had been sent by Krissie.

And inside? Oh, my!
This gorgeous handmade boudoir pillow, made from exquisite antique French fabric - I'm not sure how Krissie could bare to part with it! (And I'm certainly not sure what I've done to deserve such a beautiful gift, lavished with such skill and love!)
I am amazed that someone I have never met would know me so well and send such a treasure.
Thank you again Krissie. x
I have placed the little pillow on a painted French chair in our master bedroom. Krissie wrote a lovely post all about her latest creations here.
Have a lovely day everyone!
I have a day of painting and crafting ahead of me as I put the last finishing touches to the items I shall be taking with me to the V&H Fair on Saturday.
And you may have noticed in the first photo of this post, that the Christmas tree has been put up on the Market Place - I shall be open later on Friday when the tree's fairly lights will be switched on by the Carnival Queen and there will be a few festive treats going on in the town.

Niki x

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH, she sent you a Toile de Jouy, they are luxurious and old and from France oh goshshe must really admire you, seeing your blog you totally deserve it, my gosh: TOILE DE JOUY
    excuse me I have to go t look at it again, it's ok I won't drool ...wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just want to sigh with contentment when you look at it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:24 pm

    Hi Niki,
    You are so welcome!

    I love that French chair in your bedroom its a beautiful colour and wow the cushions go really well together.
    I am so happy you like it!
    Love Krissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Niki,
    What a lovely surprise! It seems that the cushion was just made for that dear little chair!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a darling toile boudoir pillow! And red, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me, I'm pretty useless at art, I can take photos, and write sometimes, I check out art blogs because they make me happy, and this is so lovely

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx