Monday, November 21, 2011

Christmas at the Dairy!

After visiting one of my usual haunts to buy some treasures for my shop yesterday, hubby and I then headed off to Dairy House late morning. Lizzie and Woo (mostly, I think?) had organised a Christmas Market as an added attraction to the antiques centre.
There were several pretty stalls outside, under the verandah, making the entrance look very inviting.
Just inside the main doors there was spiced mulled wine on offer and delicious mince pies and nibbles!
Throughout the three floors, the regular displays were interspersed by visiting dealers offering a tempting array of antiques, vintage goodies and handmade products.
*
*
*
Most of the centre was decorated with seasonal greenery and the carols playing made the atmosphere very relaxed and, well, festive! :)
Here's more of the lovely displays that could be enjoyed over the three floors...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Of course I did make a few purchases yesterday, but wonder if I bore you with my regular posts about the things I buy?...I can show the items later in the week (am baby sitting today, so time is strapped! ;-)) - Busy week this week too with school cabaret, an (extra) important Birthday, and lots of my handmade pieces to finish for the V&H fair on the 3rd, etc etc.
Hubby and I rounded off a lovely day out with a late lunch in a cafe in Shaftesbury overlooking Gold Hill that we have visited before...
with a walk around the picturesque town afterwards.

Then it was time to head home for a family roast dinner...
Perfect!

Hope you had a lovely weekend too,
Niki x
PS: Thank you to Shabbily by the Sea for the mention on your lovely blog!

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:22 am

    Hi Niki,
    Ooooh the Dairy House looks beautiful and the floral screen on the last picture is gorgeous!
    I for one am never bored with your regular buys,i love to see them :)
    Our drive home wasn't as pretty as yours,we had thick fog from the coast all the way home but we did have a roast chicken and trimmings when we arrived home which made the journey worthwhile,
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, Thanks so much for sharing your travels. And I love seeing your purchases--they are always lovely and interesting. Have a great week! MaryC in Iowa! (merrymntnmom@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect day out in all respects. The Dairy House does look very stylish dressed in it's festive finery. I wish I could have been there.

    See you soon.
    Love
    Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never bored with seeing what you find, Niki!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Niki... you know how these English Christmas posts tug at my heartstrings! ;)

    Have a lovely time babysitting - what a special treat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki,

    I love ALL your posts! But, oh, how I wish I could have been strolling around with you and hubs on this visit! I loved the Dairy House, but walking through that sweet little town would have also been very magical! Have a lovely day! and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. never bored looking at your purchases!
    Glad it was a good day at DH
    We always stop for coffee or soup at that cafe when we're in Shaftesbury
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never get bored looking at all your fantastic purchases Nicki.

    Looks like you had a fabulous day :o)

    Kindest regards,
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Dairy House looks wonderful, wish I could step through the door into such a wonderland.
    I love seeing your purchases, you buy such beautiful items.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Niki, I like your descriptions of what you buy, they never bore me! I loved the look of Dairy House and I know the cafe at the top of Gold Hill very well- it's my favourite place to go for lunch. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish the dairy was nearer to Norfolk they have just the cupboard for my kitchen, isn't that just typical. Great sunset.
    Gillx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niki. What envy! ;o))
    We were by Sue, how wonderful and a great nostalgia!
    You have lived a memorable Sunday!
    A best wishes, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely post! What warm memories of Gold Hill it evokes...
    Monica.

    ReplyDelete
  14. BIG BIG urges must not give in, I use to be bluebluesushi2222, I was great, but now I have no credit cards and Oh my gosh do I love your blog, sigh so much beauty...sheer Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx