Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pretty Nostalgic

Yes, once again I am here with a mention for Pretty Nostalgic magazine! ;-)) - But hopefully with good reason...Today the brand new magazine was launched and my copy arrived on my doorstep around lunchtime...(we have a very laid-back postman!)
I quick flick through has me very excited, not least because my little shop is featured...
Thanks to Jo and Jen for the lovely feature, both in the words and the photographs. I feel very lucky to have my small unassuming workplace included amongst the pages, and am warmed by the words of welcome by Nicole and Sarah inside the front cover which read; "By treating everyone we deal with fairly, supporting those who truly deserve it (rather than just those who can afford to pay) showing respect for the past and appreciating the important things in life, we hope to become a great magazine and bring Pretty Nostalgic living to Britain." 
I'm looking forward to savouring every page of this publication, which is in many ways more of a book than a magazine.There looks to be lots of interesting articles and a refreshing lack of those full page ads that generally punctuate the more glossy mags on every other page. The advertisements that are included have relevance and seem to add to the general nostalgic flavour of the magazine. 
A relaxing evening beckons!...:)
Niki x

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:45 pm

    My copy has arrived too! It really is a lovely magazine and I am thoroughly enjoying reading it, just the thing for another wet day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful! I have contacted the editor hoping to have it sent to me in the US!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niki - I devoured my copy this afternoon while gobbling jelly from a teacup (perfect snack for purpose) and I loved the feature on your shop. Beautifully written and photographed! Was very excited to have my little den-building letter and photo in the magazine too! :-)

    Jem xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations are in order, Niki! And it looks like it is such an inspiring and fabulous magazine as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations sweet Niki!!!! I know you are over the moon excited ~ but the honor is well deserved! Your shop and wares are always just beautiful, sending you hugs and love across the miles, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki.
    I am very happy for you, is a great satisfaction! :):)
    I would love to be able to buy it... but I'm already back in Italy, sigh!
    Hugs and kisses, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done. It must have been SO exciting when the magazine dropped through the letterbox and you opened the pages and saw your shop. I'm really pleased for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was hopeing to read mine tonight but it didn't arrive so I shall have to wait until tomorrow, I'm sure it will be worth the wait though, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just popped over to say what a lovely surprise it was to see your gorgeous face smiling up at me from the magazine! I went to bed early with a cup of herbal tea (oh the glamour) just to be able to read it in peace. Loved it and am looking forward to issue 2 already ;-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine has arrived and I cant wait to read it !
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nikki, I loved it too. A fabulous publication and wonderful to see your amazing shop featured. Been picking it up in between serving customers and teaching our classes but already I feel very loyal to this magazine. So great to see a product being created with real integrity. Hoorah to them! Have a great weekend, Hollyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx