Friday, May 25, 2012

Vintage & Handmade Spring Fair

Tomorrow is the Vintage & Handmade Spring Fair at Chipping Sodbury Town Hall,
South Gloucestershire, BS37 6AD from 10am - 4.00pm. 

Entrance is just £1.00 (children free) & there is plenty of free parking all around the town which has a fabulous High Street filled with independent shops, so make a day of it!
More details here. 
Here's a quick round-up of some of the items I have made especially for the fair, as well as some vintage treasures that will be coming too. I'll start with the vintage items, which have a nostalgic childhood feel to them.  
Chalkware duo.
A cute 'google-eyed'/ Kewpie type C1930's composition doll with original felt coat.

Another 30's Kewpie doll made from plaster - In lovely condition for her age. 

And an adorable soft toy horse with original saddle and harness.
My handmade items include several one-of-a-kind dolls...This is Flora, dressed in vintage Sanderson floral cotton. 

Unity, who is ready for a Jubilee celebration!


I made some greetings cards using photos of the fairy dolls that I took to the Vintage Bazaar last month...
And I've made another batch of fairies of a similar style for Saturday's fair too. 
Another Blighty...

Jubilee

And Olympia.

Three more fairy folk...
Periwinkle

Sea Sprite


And Sable.
This large Guardian Angel doll is Ethereal - Dressed in an antique baby gown.

I also wanted to create something a little bit different. I recently purchased some beautiful antique French silk damask fabric pieces and have been carefully patching them together to make some special little hand bags. Each one is unique with an antique appliqué hand stitched to the front.
The green one has ribbon violets, which I bought from Christine's lovely shop last summer

Coral damasks, with an oriental embroidered appliqué. 

And a rich red bag with beautiful rose decoration. 
There are several small scatter cushions made from rare antique fabrics.
I love this delicious French floral.

Antique linen with watercolour-like flowers. 
And two patchwork cushions made from an assortment of rare French cotton fabrics. 



Finally I have lots of lavender filled cushions...
Including the ones I made for the Pretty Nostalgic photo shoot. 

And all these too...


Hope to see you there if you can make it along - Its always such a special fair with beautiful treasures on offer, where you can while away an hour or two (or three!) amongst like-minded friends!
Have a lovely weekend whatever you have planned...

Right, I'm off for a day at my shop now...
Niki x
(My shop will be closed on Saturday whilst I attend the fair.)

6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, if it wasn't so far away I would be there! I want almost everything you have shown here, I love your fairy dolls - beautiful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ex-RAF hubby knows Chipping Sodbury well! Wish we could be there...Love the dolls but it is the red purse with the roses I would be purchasing!
    Niki, you have excellent taste and an eye for details! Thank you for sharing and hoping your day at the Fair is lucrative!
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the fair is a great success and that you sell lots of your lovely creations.
    Love Blighty!
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki.
    I was without words,
    everything is wonderful and you're a fairy!
    I'm sure of your success.
    Hughs and kisses, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some beautiful handmade items. I'm a little late commenting so but I hope the fair went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made some really adorable things...love the bags and the jubilee doll and fairies....hope you hada greatday...ciao Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx