Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Fabrics and Fairs


















For now I am continuing to open my shop three days per week - Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays,  9.30am to 4pm. 

This means I can spend quality time there, but also have the time to spend sourcing lovely stock and making lots of handmade products for the vintage fairs during the rest of the week. I have booked another two fairs for this year: The Cotswolds Vintage Fair, Toddington in August and the Vintage Christmas Bazaar, Frome in December.                              
I've bought some gorgeous vintage and antique fabrics from a textile dealer friend of mine and am looking forward to using them. This very old linen has a beautiful watercolour painted look to it.

A French fancy
More wonderful antique linen. 

Stunning hand embroidery.
And Chinese embroidery fragments too. 
I can't wait to get started...Its perfect weather for sitting at a sewing machine in a cosy workroom stitching new treasures...Well, there needs to be a bright side to all this awful rain! Have a great day,
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. No question for me...the watercolor linen is my favorite. Your shop is lovely. Three days sounds perfect to me. Seems like I will frequent the three day a week stores more often than the ones I know are open all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time sewing. The weather is perfect for it, rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My God, how wonderful! :):)
    Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shop and fabrics look wonderful. I especially like your beautiful window display.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx