Thursday, August 23, 2012

The Cotswold's Vintage Fair

Saturday 25th August is the day for The Cotswold's Vintage Fair - More details here.
I shall be there with some of my handmade items and vintage treasures.

***
UPDATE: 24th Aug. I've just added a post to my other blog with a few more items that I've just finished in time for the fair. Here. 
***
I've worked hard on a new collection of dolls, each dressed in antique/vintage fabrics and trims, and a few other one-off pieces.
This is Alice.

Her little sister Fleur.

Daphne.


Lydia.



Hope.


Alyssia.


And I found this little vintage 'Liberty's of London' rag doll to join them.
Fairies include Pearl...
Morello...

And a Fallen Angel...


A cute vintage wooden toy bed has been given a new mattress and pillow made from antique French ticking.
Aghh...lovely and comfy now!
Two baskets with antique French fabric liners.
I've made some special hand bags from antique French silk damasks, with carefully chosen vintage appliqués   





A vintage basket has been given a frilled cover - Ideal for summer picnics, or storing items prettily out of sight in the home. 
I also covered a canvas in a beautiful panel of vintage Sanderson fabric, to create an unusual picture.
A wooden box has been covered in another rare antique French fabric.
Inside it are a selection of beautiful buttons, buckles and brooches. 
A small patchwork cushion festooned in vintage roses, lavender filled scrappy hearts, antique fabric covered Observer book and several pairs of shoe stretchers have been given a make-over with velvet ribbons, fabrics and lace. 
Some lavender-filled brooch pillows that I made earlier this month can be seen here.
A little painted box with fabric insert...and three lovely old bottles have Victorian paper scraps added to them. 

I applied original c1930's Canadian advertisements to this old painted mirror...
I thought it would be a great addition to a bathroom. 
I'll have lots of genuine vintage treats on my stand too.
Ali has worked very hard to make the fair a great success - I'm sure it will be a fabulous day for sellers and buyers alike.
Hope you can make it along...whatever the weather! Find us in the marquee, rain or shine, with other like-minded friends,
Niki x
And enjoy the Bank Holiday weekend whatever you have planned! :)

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:26 am

    Magnificent collection as always Niki, just a shame I can't be there. I hope the day is a success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, the dolls are wonderful ~ I think there might be a stampede to get to your stall!!

    See you on Saturday
    Ali xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow as usual everything is wonderful Niki.....Love the dolls and shoe stretchers,i can't wait to see pictures of your stall it will be beautiful....As someone who is lucky enough to own one of your dolls and pillows and shoe stretchers i can say they are worth every penny and are beautifully made x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! The dolls and their little beds are adorable! And i love the the two baskets with antique drench fabric liners!
    Love
    Amanda
    www.notsoperfectmess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. gosh you have been so busy, I can not pick a favourite doll but Hope is a bit special. I am sure you will have a great day.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niki your work is so beautiful and unique. I'm sure you will sell lots. I love all your dolls and fairies, especially Hope and Pearl. Hope you have a great day. Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first 3's cardigans, wish they came in my size!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your makes! I don't know how you find enough hours in the day - I love the mirror and handbags!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Niki.
    Your dolls are wonderful and the bags even more! ;o))
    The Fair will be a success, I'm sure.
    We look photos
    Good luck, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stand looked beautiful on Saturday Niki. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx