Thursday, August 16, 2012

Vintage Teatime


Hubs and I slipped into Bath for a couple of hours yesterday...
Whilst there, I paid a quick visit to 'The Works'. Now I know I have mentioned this shop before on my blog, but I've been able to find another bargain there which I'd like to share with you...
For the princely sum of £2.99 (MUCH cheaper than Amazon!) I bagged a copy of The Women's Institute Vintage Teatime book. 

The beautiful photographs inside are very inspiring and made me want to take out my vintage china from the cupboards, to see how many of my bone china tea plates I could find a match for...






The recipes seem very straightforward and easy to follow too...(even for a less than enthusiastic cook, like myself!)
Most of the ingredients appear to be the sorts of items most of us have in our cupboards, so a spot of baking could take place on a whim, I think! 

I'll let you know how some of them turn out when I've given them a try...
In the meantime, I feel an urge to go on a vintage china hunt for more pretty plates to use at my next vintage tea party! :) 
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. It looks a great book, one I will look out for next time I visit the Works shop.Definitely up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the book looks lovely, I think The Works is such a great shop, I get a lot of my stationery there xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No chance to find this book for 2.99 but for $9.70, I still find it a bargain for a bit of nostalgia! On order as I write!
    Thank you Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki as a regular reader of your blog, just want to say I love reading your vintage posts! The book is certainly a bargain and such lovely china you have! I'm hoping to make a trip up to Shepton Mallet next week when your shop is open...Take care Sharon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:44 am

    Beautiful book, your right the urge inspiration to lay a vintage table for tea is to great!
    Thea x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have the red spotted plates too... all thrifted... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was lucky enough to find the Vintage flowers book after you posted about it, so I think another trip to The Works is due!
    Thank you.
    Carol xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx