Friday, April 19, 2013

Vintage Spring Bazaar - Frome

Cheese & Grain, Frome
Saturday 20th April 2013
9am to 3pm
Admission £1
I shall be there with a large array of vintage treasures inspired by spring, so expect lots of pretty pastels and flowers...
I have a collection of sweetly nostalgic children's prints to reflect the season in your home...Including some by Mabel Lucie Attwell.  




Stunning framed antique fabric.

Hand painted glass panel.
An original oil painting on board of spring flowers in a bowl.
I have this wonderful c1930's velvet handbag...
With dreamy woollen hand embroidered posy typical of the era.


I'll have an assortment of buttons, lace and sewing supplies for those who like to make things themselves...
And there will be a new springtime gathering of my fairies and dolls - Each one unique and dressed in vintage fabrics and trims all carefully chosen and created by my own fair hand! 
;-))
Cherry Blossom
Narcissus

Violet

Viola

And two fairly folk inspired by nest building...


Willow Wisps
And Hazel Catkin


There are two of my larger rag dolls dressed in suitably seasonal attire...
Lily 


And Florence.

And three of my medium sized rag dolls, all with a spring in their step...
There's April...

May...

And June!


The doll head hat stand that I wrote about on a previous post.
*
I've been busy making lots of other things too...
Fabric covers for baskets...perfect for picnics...

One has a vintage Laura Ashley floral cover...
And the other a rose/paisley cotton cover. 
I've covered an old c1940's slipper box in an antique French fabric...


And I lined the inside with hand marbled paper. 
A pair of shoe stretchers revamped with antique lace and velvet ribbon. 
A patchwork cushion which I have made from salvaged hand embroidered spring posies on a soft cotton fabric.


The reverse, with more spring flowers.

A collection of padded coat hangers covered in vintage lingerie fabrics, each with a costume brooch embellishment.
Birdie brooches.


A collection of wrecked books were saved, by turning them into a decorative accent, with antique lace and a rusty key. 
Simple necklace made from another antique key and some lace scraps. 
I gave a coat of pastel pink paint to an old cutlery tray, lining the inside with a document from the 1800's. 
A coat of wax for practicality.

I also painted and distressed this little bedside cabinet, adding vintage maps to the door panel, the top, and to line the inside of the drawer. 
I'll have a few surprises too, which I've been storing safely in my workroom.
Hope you can make it along to the fair - There is a fabulous line-up of stallholders who will have been sourcing and hand-making irresistible treasures for weeks.
Enjoy your weekend,
Niki x

6 comments:

  1. Looks absolutely gorgeous Niki, looking forward to seeing you tomorrow.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy all those who can come and enjoy your stand - I would buy it all! I am sure you will have a great day and plenty of good customers
    :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Niki,
    I could write a thousand words and it still wouldn't describe how i loved looking at all the beautiful things you have made,You are so very talented and there will be lots off of ooohhhh's and ahhhhhh's as shoppers swoon over your stall tomorrow,
    Have a lovely time xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I will be there with you...from the heart! :):)
    Good luck, see you soon, *Maristella*.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have only recently started following your blog. I love your creations - if I was able to make anything similar I would absolutely hate to sell it! Too lovely to part with! What great ideas you have!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki,
    Thank you for taking the time to blog and share with those of us from far away. We can't come to the fair but we can enjoy your creations. Might be just as well as I would want ALL of those fantastic dolls.
    tfour6

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx