Friday, December 12, 2014

Festive Foliage

Nipped out for a walk yesterday to the local woods on the hunt for fallen twigs and also some ivy. Due to the high winds we've had recently, it was rich pickings. The woods here are very damp, due to the rivers and streams that run through it, which mean the twigs are covered in beautiful lush moss and lichens (and it was very squelchy and muddy underfoot!)
Once back home, I had plans to fill some old cigarette tins with my finds. I pushed oasis foam into each one and got started...

Teaming the greenery and twigs with some pink roses that I had dried myself, they gradually came together. 
Very difficult to capture a true likeness during these darker days, but hopefully you get the idea...
I'm no florist, but arrangements like this are quite easy to put together...And I love the green labels on the tins working in harmony. 

The final one I filled-in with gypsophila, which naturally seems to dry itself, so this arrangement should last a while too.
These will be on my stall at the fair tomorrow. 

All the spare twigs were rammed into two Victorian china vases, which I shall use to display baubles from

***
To continue the natural theme, I put together this gardening gift set. I decoupaged the sides of the trug with old gardening book pages, making it look old and worn by tearing some of the edges and coating it in a dark wax polish. 
Handmade tag.
The trug is filled with 15 hand thrown vintage clay pots...
And an old Gardening encyclopedia. 
All trimmed with fresh ivy.
Thanks for visiting - I'll be back later today to show more of the items I'm bringing to the fair...
Niki x

1 comment:

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx