Sunday, May 31, 2015

For Sale!

OK, so this is a bit of a long shot, and I wouldn't normally use my blog in this way, but I thought it might be worth a try before I list on Gumtree...
To anyone living nearby, or who is willing to travel, I am looking to sell my beloved handmade bauble wreath.
Update: Thank you I am sold! 
It took a long time to make and has been a part of our family Christmases for several years now - You may have seen it featured repeatedly on my blog around the festive season each year! 
It would be impossible to post it safely, so I'm looking for someone to come and collect it. Every year it comes out of our attic for Christmas - it's been added to and repaired a few times over the years - I used mostly original vintage glass baubles to make it and occasionally one or two have smashed - I just replace them with more from my collection of old baubles and it looks as good as new again. It's a whopping 60cm (24" approx) in diameter.
I'd happily accept £30.00 for it (a bargain compared to many I've seen for sale in the US at around the $300 mark)...
And as a bonus, I would include my smaller Jack Frost wreath that I made around the same time, as a freebie. 
This is also decorated in vintage baubles, which have softly faded over the years.

They've always hung opposite one another, from the two mirrors in our living room. 
I know its a funny time of year to ask you to think about the festive season, but if anyone is interested, or if you'd like any more information, then please leave a comment here, or email me privately via my blog's profile. As I mentioned before, we are having to edit our belongings, so this is a reluctant sale.
Thank you very much,
PS: Don't forget my Giveaway - It's open until Friday June 5th, so if you'd like to enter, please visit the post below and add your name to the list - Thank you to all who have entered so far. 
Niki x

8 comments:

  1. These are really beautiful, I am sure they will go to a good home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are gorgeous, Niki! I hope someone snaps them up quickly! I know I would if I were a few thousand miles closer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both wreaths are gorgeous. If I lived near you, I'd be there in a heartbeat. In the meantime, since I am not going to fly "across the pond" for a visit, would you tell us, your loyal fans, how you made the large wreath, pretty please? What did you use for a base for the bauble wreath? What glue did you use?

    Thanks and let us know when it goes to its new home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marrianna - Thanks for your comment. Details of how I made the wreath can be found via my blog post here: http://nostalgiaatthestonehouse.blogspot.co.uk/2006/12/bauble-wreath.html
    Good luck if you make one! Niki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Nikki. I would love to buy your wreath, but wouldn't be able to collect it until 19 June when I would be travelling to bath for a wedding. I could pay for it earlier. Would that be ok? Cristina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cristina, Thanks for your interest - this could be a problem for me...could you email me and I'll respond properly, Niki
    niki@nikifretwell.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely unusual wreaths Niki,as always I admire your talent.PamP.S those mirrors are gorgeous!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Niki, I would be interested..but only just seen this post as I have been away for a few days...grrrr xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx