Friday, May 01, 2015

Ladies What Lunch!

Yesterday, two of my lovely friends came for lunch...

Both baring beautiful spring posies!
Helen told me that it's possible to dry bluebells! (who knew?!) - So of course I've had to give it a go!
These are the Spanish variety, which we have growing in our garden.
I've strung them up to dry and will let you know if it's a success!
We had lots of lovely chats - Both Bee and Helen are on the 'vintage circuit', so I took them into my workroom to show them what I had sorted out so far for the Vintage Bazaar's Jumble Sale this month...To be honest, I'd gathered together far too much stock and creative supplies. Alot of it probably wouldn't even fit on my stall, even though I've booked a double pitch...
So both lovely ladies suggested I try selling some of my most precious vintage and antique fabric pieces on-line. (I'm of a mind that I shall never use all of the fabrics that I have amassed over the years, so need to let some of them go and let someone else have the opportunity of working with them.)
I've decided to give it a go, but to keep the fabric listings separate to my handmade/vintage stock in my on-line shop, I'm going to open an etsy store...I'm a bit busy for the next few days, but hope to make a start towards the end of next week. I'll let you know when it's live.
In the meantime, here's a sneaky peek of just a small selection of some of the vintage ephemera (brilliant stuff for framing!) and floral fabrics that will be coming with me to the jumble.
 
Have a lovely Bank Holiday weekend,
Niki x
Update: 1.15pm
Just arrived this lunchtime - More flowers!
These are from my parents for my upcoming (Big!) Birthday.
Thank you! :) N x
 

7 comments:

  1. I didn't know you could dry bluebells either, I'll pick a few that grow wild in my garden and will have a go too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niki,gorgeous flowers and lovely "stuff".May I wish you a Happy Birthday.Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely flowers! It must have been a wonderful day! Happy Birthday! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with opening an etsy store ! I have the app, so I will look out for you !
    Ooh and dried bluebells ! I will look forward to seeing how they go. Have a great weekend and I love reading your posts !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments ladies - It's my Birthday next week - the bouquet was an early gift, as I am going to be busy next week...

    Have a lovely weekend,
    Niki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Niki,so much flowery goodness! i am going to pick some of my bluebells this afternoon and give it a try,i will follow your Etsy store as soon as your open,i really love the swan tea party,the yellow bonnet especially,have a lovely weekend xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a lovely Birthday Niki. Love the idea of dried bluebells! Liz xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx