Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Tiny Treasures

I discovered this tiny Victorian Common Prayer Book on my last buying trip. 
At just 2"tall, I am in awe as to how it were possible to print and bind in leather, such a tiny book. 
The paper is almost as fine as tissue, finished in gold along the edges, and the print so minute I struggle to read it.
It's a tiny treasure.
It has obvious wear and has been used and enjoyed in it's 100+ years.
I felt it needed looking after, so found an old cardboard box, which would have once held jewellery, that fitted it nicely.
I covered the lid in a page from an antique book and added an old Sunday School card to the top. 
I love putting little treasures inside boxes - It seems to make them all the more special.
I'm slowly collecting lots of other special little things to bring with me to the final two fairs that I shall be attending of 2014. 
The dates for the diary are:
The Vintage Bazaar Christmas Market in Devises
Saturday 29th November
9.30am to 3.30pm £2 admission.

And

The Original Vintage and Handmade Christmas Fair, Chipping Sodbury
Saturday 13th December
10am to 3pm £1 admission. 
***
Niki x

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little prayer book. I love how you put vintage items together to make them so special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been such a cherished item to be so small and survive this long! You gave it the perfect spot in which to rest until a new owner comes along!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx