Sunday, July 23, 2006

Handmade Bag.


My eldest daughter will be leaving home next month to start her second year at University. She has been offered the wonderful opportunity to complete her second year at Montana Uni, USA!! But it's such a long way away!! I will miss her so much, but I know she will enjoy every minute of it.

I have just finished making this bag for her today, to take with her. She chose the sweet 'Holly Hobby' style fabric for the centre panel and I added other vintage fabrics around it. It has a layer of wadding to make it durable and is lined with 1950's rose fabric inside. Fastens with a vintage button and has two shoulder straps.
I hope that when she uses it, she will think of her family back home.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh Niki I don't know how I woulkd cope with my little girl being so far from home. It's going to be hard for you but, as you say, it is a wonderful opportunity for her. This is an adorable little bag and she is sure to look at it and think of you every time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx