Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Back On-Line


I've added some of my hand made cushions to my on-line catalogue - each is made from vintage fabrics and has a new feather filled pad.

Many thanks to all for your patience whilst I settled myself in at ‘Nostalgia at No.1’, Shepton Mallet, and got used to my new (full-on!) routine; sorted out all the direct debits etc for the bills that I shall need to pay regularly for the next few years, and got used to talking to my customer face to face rather than tapping out messages on a key board! By far the biggest adjustment has been finding the time to hand make my stock…but I’m into a steady working routine now and hope to be able to keep up with it. I’m sorry that I haven’t always been able to personally reply to emails, as some things have had to give.
I’m also working toward a few vintage/textile fairs again this year – details of the first one coming up in April can be found on my website.
I’ve added a few items to my on-line catalogue today. If you are interested in ordering anything, I hope you can bare with me - I will get back to you, but I do not have a computer at the shop, so there may be a day or two delay whilst I catch up with emails and orders in the evenings.
Have a great week and thank you again for your patience whilst I make the big changes to my little business!

Niki x

4 comments:

  1. It's all looking great. Can't wait to drop in when we visit. It's hard enough keeping up with everything when you work from home let alone out there in the big world. all the very best I'm sure it will go very well.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a wonderful job of everything Niki. I had a gift shop in a little ski village in British Columbia years ago so I know how much work it takes to run a business but I wasn't trying to sew items for my shop at the same time! I was raising 3 children at the time though plus my husband worked full time and we had a janitor business on the weekends. Gosh looking back ...how did I ever do it!! We must have been nuts. You're doing a wonderful job though and your hand made items are LOVELY! I'm still going to see if I can get my sister near London to stop by on her way to Cornwall though...she'd LOVE it. Have a wonderful afternoon Niki! Maura:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new stock is really gorgeous!
    I bet they'll sell like hot cakes!

    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx