Monday, October 31, 2011

Stall Story!

Another Vintage Bazaar has come and gone again, but what an event it was!...
The hour or so setting-up time whizzes by so quickly, and knowing that a sweet young couple were already standing at my stall, I just did a quick click of some of the stands nearest to mine... (I'm sure there will be lots more photos on the VB blog soon.)
*
*
*
*
My pitch was next to my friend Helen's this time (her stall below), which I was very happy about, as she has a great sense of humour, as I have mentioned before.
(Here too!)

So, a few quick shots of my (just about) completed stall...
*
*
*
*

Hopefully you can just see the clock in the background...It was 9am...Doors open...
And then...
Yoink!
Gardenia, Molly and Dily's where whisked from my stall very quickly, to be adopted by three different ladies...All who had travelled many miles to be at the fair - Two from Marlow in Buckinghamshire, and one from Bournemouth.
(Below, Molly in the arms of her new Mummy! ;-))
Thank you ladies!
And of course 'thank you' to all who visited my stall, made a purchase or two, or who stopped to chat - You made it such a terrific day and all the hard work completely worthwhile...
These are for you!
(Please share them with Lizzie and Clare too, who also work so hard to make the Vintage Bazaar such a successful event!)
****************************************
It was back to the usual routine for me yesterday though...and I had to be up early again for a spot of treasure hunting - Thankfully with the extra hour in bed with the clocks going back, it wasn't quite so bad as it sometimes seems...
My finds included this fabric, dated 1981.
A pretty ladies sweater.
Victorian cards and some photos.
A 'Liberty of London' piggy!
Dainty floral china...
*


And Deco glass sets.
I also bought another eiderdown, but that's drying in the tumble dryer at the moment, as I wanted to get it washed and aired to take to the shop tomorrow.
Hope you had a lovely weekend too.
Niki x

14 comments:

  1. "Everything in the garden looks rosey" Your stall was set out beautifully as allways, and 3 very proud mummies too, Lucey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another fabulous day. One day I will get there! Lucyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised your gorgeous rag dolls were whisked away, they were stunning. It was a lovely day and it was great to catch up with you again even though we were all so busy we didn't get much time to natter.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so much to choose from. Lovely, lovely, lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you on Saturday Niki. Looking at your pictures, it seems I need to get to there at 9am, I think you only had 3 dolls left by 11am. Never mind, maybe next time. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful stalls. I wish I lived nearer - the south west definitely has the best vintage fairs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, it looked absolutely stunning, if I'm to get a stall when my name moves up the list, I shall need merchandising and display lesson from you. I have a long way to go, to make things looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks beautiful. I so wish I could have been meandering around in person, to purchase some of those pretty items.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Niki.
    I admired your stand at the fair in Frome ...
    Wonderful! You have worked so much, I hope that all went well!
    A dear greeting, Maria.
    (with translator)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the flowers, smile...and Thank you for making the day special with your wonderful stall. Lizzie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Niki, I do wish I could have made it. All you lovely blog ladies who have posted about the fair and showed your wonderful photographs make it seem a perfect day! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Niki, It was a fantastic day, I was totally in love with your doll in the sampler skirt, I wish I had been quicker and snapped her up. xx
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great day! I'm crushing on the plate with the pink roses and the tiny white flowers! ! ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was a lovely day Niki, your stall was absolutely stunning as per usual and it was lovely to be your neighbour. See you in December for the V&H xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx