Monday, March 16, 2009

Sunny Stroud

Hubby, youngest daughter, and I arrived in Stroud on Saturday, just around lunch time. We sat outside in the bustling farmers market that was bathed in glorious spring sunshine, and sampled some of the tasty organic foods on offer.
After lunch we made a quick visit to the Rag Market in the Old Town Hall (eventually finding it up a small flight of stairs around the back of another small market - it wasn't well sign posted!)
Lizzie was there with her stall and she ran off a list of Blogger's names who I had missed that morning, who had also visited the fair. :(
That'll teach me for feeding my face, before going shopping!
So apart from missing the opportunity to say hello and have a quick chat, I suspect I missed some great items, which were probably snapped up by our blogging buddies! ;-))
Well done ladies!
This little cutie wasn't for sale!
I bought a couple of small C19th French raggy pieces, red vintage buttons and a large length of Sanderson glazed chintz.

Having recently made a large investment on a whole unused bolt of c1920's French cotton fabric, from a lady in the States, I needed to be good!
I have just received it in the post this morning - I'm so pleased with it; the colours are still so vibrant and pretty. It came from Lynn who trades under French at Heart.
Back to Saturday...we left Stroud later that afternoon and came home via some of my favourite antique/vintage shopping haunts...
*
*
*
*

There was plenty of French brocante available - I bought a mirror, C19th white linen sheet and a small vitrine.
Sunday was spent all day in the garden cutting, pruning, mowing the lawn etc. - wasn't it a beautiful day?
Today I am reminded of muscles I had forgotten I had...ouch!
Hope you had a lovely weekend too - Enjoy the sunshine,
Niki x
Thank you to everyone for your kind and generous comments to my previous post - I'm glad that you enjoyed it - I'll do my best to pop in to visit your lovely blogs this week too...

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful Beautiful! Love the mirror and cupboard!
    I wish I could come shopping with you!
    Monica x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The French fabric is gorgeous a wise investment, I am sure. The moochy vintagey place looks fab!
    Hen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The weather was beautiful...and it looks like you had plenty to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO hard to be good! But your fabric is amazing and I know you will use it to make beautiful things! I'm so glad you share your creations with us! What a treat!

    Please visit me soon!

    http://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds (and looks!) like a great outing!! Love all your finds, that little cupboard is adorable!
    Isabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the Stroud market as we headed off to London to the Country Living Fair.
    Your new fabric is very pretty - what are you going to make with it?

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shop - would love to spend an hour or two in there - is it easily accessible from the Midlands or would it be a lot of travelling.

    Sara
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful. just beautiful. t.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to enjoyed your full Sat with family and pretty things you had bought.

    xoxo
    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a nice time with your family.. I saw so many beautiful things. I just love everything. Love that mirror..
    Have a great week!
    Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Niki
    What a good and successful day you had on Saturday. I LOVE that Sanderson fabric with blue and aqua flowers, couldn't be more me!!! Those colours and the pattern... I do hope some of it finds its way in your shop as a cushion or something like that...I shall have to wait and see! What gorgeous things you have bought. Will have to try and make it there next time.
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am about to collapse...why wasn't I there?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had lots of fun Niki! I love the fabric you purchased... and the little cupboard in the front is darling.

    xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved the trip around the fair with you. Wish it could have been in person. I love the whippet standing on the table. Would have loved giving her a cuddle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Niki, that bolt of fabric from the states is just perfection! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Niki,
    Sorry I missed you at Stroud!
    I bought a few things there, but am on a bit of a budget these days, so you didn't miss the earlier bargains due to me scooping them up!
    I bought some cord from Lizzie and a few bits of fabric and that's about it.
    Please share the locations of those antiques shops! I adore some of the things i see in the first 3 photographs and well, if I am honest, in most of them!
    xxx
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous12:55 am

    hello from Norway.have a beatiful spring... hug isabella

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous9:35 am

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx