Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Keeping the Shop Stocked...


A quick round-up of the last few days...
Friday and Saturday were busy days in my shop, so I made a few changes to the displays...

I was furiously sewing, as always...
These little pincushions were made by hand from a rare antique French fabric...I'm slowly getting together a few pieces with a pink colour scheme for the next V&H fair....

I've covered a couple of lampshade frames in lace, but I want to offer these for sale with pretty lamp bases, so I'm currently on the lookout for some...
Sunday I visited the local flea market and found a few treasures. As yet I have not been able to photograph them, as early Monday morning we had to head-off down to Exeter. Our youngest daughter had a two day appointment at the uni, and hubby and I thought we'd go too! Whilst our daughter was busy at the uni, we made our way to a place Lizzie had mentioned on her blog...


The Vintage Trading Co.
If I had not seen it on Lizzie's blog, then I would not have known about it. 



Its housed in an old industrial building which has been divided up with scaffolding to create areas for individual dealers to present their wares for sale. 

Afterwards we visited some of the other vintage shopping opportunities in Exeter, such as Otto Retro, the antiques centre down by the quay, and a great charity shop just a short walk from Otto's. 
Later, we caught up with our daughter again and walked the city's high street before having an evening meal...
Loved these glass sculptures all lit up.





***
Today, we've had a little visitor and her Mummy - My daughter hopes to set up her own on-line business soon, which will include handmade items from vintage fabric...So I let her sought through my off-cuts for anything she might find useful. Little-one couldn't quite get over the fabric mountain and enjoyed helping!
***
I'll be heading to my shop tomorrow with some of my latest treasures. 
Enjoy the rest of your week,
Niki x

7 comments:

  1. Your shop is so lovely! I adore the little pincushions:) If there wasn't this small little pond between us...I
    would pop in for a quick visit:) Blesings~~Shine

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a perfect day.
    I would of spent loads. Wow! what a mountain of cloth fantastic.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Niki,
    Isn't the blog worls wonderful? I'm planning to visit Exeter over the next couple of weeks and now I can call into the Vintage Trading Co too! Many thanks-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you have a training program in place for succession to the No 1 Stone House Crown :-) Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little pin cushions too, just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...must persuade my family to let me visit the vintage trading company too...often in Exeter and never been!!!!!looks fab and your shop looks gorgeous too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get over how tall your grandaughter is now. -Goodness me time flies!
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx