Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Snow Business


As I type this, snow is falling once again...Much as I like the serene picture it paints, it has caused a few disruptions we could have done without. I won't bore you with the details, but with plans we've made for early next week, I'd really like to see it gone soon. 


During the cold snap I've been making sure the little feathered visitors have been kept supplied with breakfast! At the moment they are getting through a whole container of seed each day. 
Evidence of the frenzied mealtime! 

We've been rewarded with a great many sightings of blue tits, great tits, chaffinches, green finches, robins, blackbirds; not to mention the magpies, jackdaws, collared doves and wood pigeons. The blackbirds prefer to eat from the ground, so they've been treated to seeds and left-over pasty trims from last night's home made pie! 


With me safely back inside out of sight, within a moment the birds were back on the feeder enjoying the offerings.
***
I'm hopeful of getting to work tomorrow, as I've hardly earned a bean this month! - But, if we have more snowfalls over night, I just can't make the half hour trip in my little car. 
I would like to thank all of those who emailed to let me know that they would be happy to nominate my little shop for the H&A magazine people's choice award. (Details on previous post and via my Facebook page) Thank you!
I was a little concerned that I might come across as a bit cheeky for asking, but then H&A had produced the logos for businesses to use, so I thought, why not?!...I'm sure there are lots of others doing it too. 


Fragrant narcissus - Christmas gift from my middle daughter.  
Keep safe and warm...and don't forget to feed the birdies! :)
Niki x

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures look so beautiful. But I know what you mean. Had a terrible trip to school yesterday really icy, but my son had an exam so no choice.
    Why didn't we get this at Xmas when everyone was off.Anyway keep warm and keep up the good work feeding the birdies.
    Rosezeeta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you are right I love the snow, but walking the dog today, slipping and sliding everywhere. When it gets to that stage I start to get really fed up. Hope you get a chance at winning x Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an American, you delightfully had me at "cheeky". A girl has to have a little cheeky in her. Stay warm, make a pot of tea or coffee, whatever you need to stay warm, lace it with a bit of spiced rum grand marnier and watch your feathered friends take on the feast you left them. Blessings to you and those you love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Niki.
    Evocative images!
    I also voted for you in the magazine, with pleasure! :)
    The pitchers with roses and daffodils are wonderful!!!!!
    Hugs and kisses, *Maristella*.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for finding the time to visit me...
Niki xx